Joo Chiat Resources
Much has been achieved since January 2005, but there is still some way to go. Heres a list of websites, blogs and info that we have received or researched. If you have more, please write to us at any of the email addresses listed.
Blogs & websites: The Woes of Joo Chiat
- 13 Jun 2010 - " a new group of working girls has moved in upstairs, escorted by an unsmiling man hauling luggage up the stairs. Every two weeks, a clock set to expiring social visit passes"..
- 20 May 2010 - "
The straits times proclaimed the war
On sleaze had been won.
The battle for its soul
Has just begun. "
- 19 May 2010 - " whole streets are full with foreigners and PUBS and CLUBS *certified GRO* "
- 27 Jan 2010 - ".. caught in Orchard Towers or Joo Chiat at 4 in the morning .."
- 27 Jan 2010- ".. walking along Joo Chiat (Red light district) .."
- 16 Jan 2010 - "..
After dinner, we ended up in a sleazy club in Joo Chiat. Fat boy brought us there. Most of the bar girls were Vietnamese. Most were smart enough to have picked up Chinese, but a few of them didn't know the language. I cynically thought, “well, I'm not going to waste time in here, am I?” So I grabbed somebody. It was OK, but it felt really strange to be groping a complete stranger, no matter how well-proportioned she was. I was looking a little enviously at Basketball Jones, because he got somebody I kinda fancied. But on subsequent visits I never saw her, and anyway we made it a point not to get girls that any other of us had been close to before.
On the second visit, another girl came up to me and started fondling me. I told her to go away, but I took a second look at her, and said, “you're OK”. Well there was this hanky panky. Let's call her Winnie. At the same time, Basketball Jones had this girl, called her Apple, and he said that Apple reminded him of Fiona Xie. I don't really know if that was healthy. He wasn't having his way with Apple, wasn't treating her like a sex object, the way that I was treating those who came up to me. I think that he had rebound-itis. (Rebound is a basketball term, is it not?) By then, Fat boy had already found his regular, Peach, and was making her his mistress .."
- 16 Jan 2010 - ".. Joo Chiat Road to me is just like a mini Geylang. (where you can prostitution and contraband cigarettes sales and backlane gambling stall) .."
- 14 Jan 2010 - ".. a lot of lady escorts with drunk gentlemen on the streets .. walked past the few blocks and, what I now believe to be, hookers.."
- 5 Jan 2010 - ".. heading down to Joo Chiat after work and you would normally get cheeky grins and who could blame them with all the dodgy ktvs in the area .."
- 24 Dec 2009 - ".. passed by Joo Chiat road and we saw quite a few hookers .."
- 13 Dec 2009 - ".. amount of prostitutes and uncles, ratio 2:3 eh .."
- 10 Dec 2009 - "... the seedy joo chiat route, plus the part whereby I came face to face with a group of big-sized guys ohwell..."
- 28 Nov 2009 - ".. located along Joo Chiat Road, a stretch littered with KTV pubs and other less-than-savoury establishments .."
- 8 Oct 2009 - "..
of course katong area gt lots of dara jelita(pretty young ladies)
haha anyway im nt interested in them
cos these pretty ladies came from .."
- 27 Sep 2009 - ".. Joo Chiat Road is a growing hub of cheap Vietnamese eateries selling pho and shredded duck soup that have popped up to cater to the Vietnamese prostitutes who walk the streets after dark. "
- 14 Aug 2009 - ".. in the past few years, it has become infamous for its bevy of non-residents from another region in South East Asia .."
- 10 Aug 2009 - ".. this place is slowly turning into a Red light district with many girls and pubs slowly building up along the streets "
- 27 Jun 2009 - " had degenerated from a stately Peranakan and Eurasian enclave to a seedy dodgy strip full of street workers and bars"
- 9 Jun 2009 - " I'm sorry, I didn't know you were a hooker... Joo Chiat and Tiong Bahru about the increased presence of PRC KTV lounge hostess in their vicinity"
- 27 May 2009 - " Vietnam gilrs a joo chiat go go bars. "
- 29 Apr 2009- "is your heart like the House at Joo Chiat. Is it messy, is it unkempt, does it feel dirty and sleazy? is it filled with grievances and unjust?"
- 6 Apr 2009 - " a pity that because it is located in Joo Chiat, where the pubs and bars are just a stone's throw away, families and teenagers may be discouraged from visiting "
- 6 Mar 2009 - " Joo Chiat Road by night, is effectively a red-light district. The sleaze completely takes over the daytime charm and heritage of the area. "
- 18 Jan 2009 - " now has a dubious reputation as Singapore's red light district "
- 21 Dec 2008 - " Than when the vietnam do their cheers, SG fans will like "Joo Chiat" "
- 20 Dec 2008 - " wonder if the hookers from Joo Chiat will be there?!"
- 17 Dec 2008 - " The place we went to is in Joo Chiat which apparently now is a sort of quasi red-light district with alot of "....
- 12 Dec 2008 - " Before Joo Chiat got its recent reputation for unsavoury characters who prowl the night "
- 11 Dec 2008 - " Saw alot of things which a INNOCENT kid like me should not see . And some lao tiko as well with 2 and above chickies "
- 10 Dec 2008 - " this street is known as the second red light district of Singapore with multiple pubs, karaokes and hotels"
- 7 Dec 2008 - " on Joo Chiat Road, which I suspect is as red and as lighted a red light district as Singapore can ever have "
- 13 Nov 2008 - " Balestier area is turning into the less sleazy version of Joo Chiat. You'd think that people would be morally bankrupt by now"
- 8 Nov 2008 - "You cannot avoid them in the general areas of Geylang/Joo Chiat. In fact, according to other accounts, there are other areas when they appear too, especially in food centres. Do we run and hide? If yes, where? "
- 6 Nov 2008 - " along the dark streets of Joo Chiat road (not exactly the safest place to be at)"
- 23 Oct 2008 - "I
think it's a real pity that the area near Katong is so family unfriendly
They had nice cafes like Miss Clarity HAIS and then wth businesses like KTVs and Pubs with a lot of PRC imported prostitutes strutting their stuff. Isn't that beloved place supposed to be friendly?
For god's sake there's like what FIVE schools nearby.
I'm really damn afraid my place will turn into a mini geylang."
- 15 Oct 2008 - "gonna go to joo chiat. more pics. hope i get to see the street walkers at night."
- 7 Oct 2008 - "On Joo Chiat Street, more red light activity, but less conspicuous and obnoxious"
- 5 Oct 2008 - "and the KTV is mainly for Karaoke purpose, like KBOX... not those you find in Joo Chiat... "
- 4 Oct 2008 - "overrun with lots of men and girls who look like their daughters"
- 10 Sep 2008 - "the failure to clear up red light districts like Joo Chiat .."
- 7 Sep 2008 - "only cost $20 bucks or rather the minimum lah to talk/ touch the girls... lol... omg. i didnt know its tat affordable.."
- 29 Aug 2008 - "to visit crowded sales or have late night supper with friends in the back alleys of Joo Chiat - things I would not advise parents to do with little children in tow.."
- 2 Aug 2008 - "I jus came home from some place at joo chiat. my gawd that place is super sleazy but went there not for that but for..."
- 6 Jul 2008 - "so many prostitutes at night. their makeup were so thick as if they were going to perform chinese opera"
- 6 Jul 2008 - "THEY THOUGHT WE WERE COMMON HOOKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
- 6 Jul 2008 - "Joo Chiat later in the night. Quite a sight. Comparable to geylang"
- 29 Jun 2008 - "a drunked ah pek with his arm over a C-cup lady greeted us..."
- 19 Jun 2008 - "at a massage parlour in Katong"
- 7 Jun 2008 - "I am just farking IGNORANT!! (just like the Joo Chiat community)"
- 6 Jun 2008 - "Reached Joo Chiat and drove him away from his colleagues, and apparently some prostitutes"
- 22 May 2008 - "..it's not as sleazy as Geylang or Joo Chiat."
- 18 May 2008 Straits Times - ".. cockroaches, rats and even snakes. Two weeks ago, they had no water for 10 days, they said. The electricity supply was also cut off for a week.."
- 13 May 2008 MyPaper - "If Singaporeans are so disinterested in sex, why is the Hotel 81 chain constantly expanding? And how come available parking lots can never be found in Geylang at any time of the day? And why are Tanjong Pagar Road and Joo Chiat Road lined with scantily-clad foreign ladies “waiting for their friends” every night?"
- 8 May 2008 STOMP - "many such joints in the Tanjong Katong and Katong areas."
- 8 May 2008 - "I'm addicted to checking out indecent women..."
- 21 Mar 2008 - "the couple who paid $5/hour more to share some intimate and private moments just at the corner beside us."
- 18 Mar 2008 - ".. Tapi malemnya pas kita pulang, mereka semua dah pasang meja di pinggir-pinggir jalan, lengkap dengan para "wanita malamnya". .."
- 29 Feb 2008 - "our hotel was conveniently located at the red light district"
- 24 Feb 2008 - "call them love hotels, certainly plenty of love going on in ours thats for sure."
- 9 Feb 2008 - " here is a list of people/things/organisations/organisms who should not be wished prosperity in business 1) Undertaker 2) Embalment service 3) Casket operators 4) Abortion clinics 5) Geylang hotels 6) Joo Chiat hotels "
- 3 Feb 2008 - "If i go joo chiat, the phillipinos come after me.. so what to do? "
- 3 Feb 2008 - "The place sure deserved more improvements from the authority"
- 3 Feb 2008 - "seated on the dirty, deluded floor of a Geylang shopping centre (where else but Joo Chiat)"
- 2 Feb 2008 - "an investigative feature on the night life at the red light district area here in Singapore, to put forward the issue of Prostitution and Human trafficking as Sex Slaves here in South East Asia"
- 1 Feb 2008 - "Protitutes - You can see Vietnamese at Joo Chiat area... Are thy neccessary in Singapore"
- 28 Jan 2008 - "of course being at geylang/joochiat area, you just takkan lepas ni"
- 23 Jan 2008 - "pubs damn happening la, the women hor, mostly foreigners, dressed super sexy but not all pretty. Walked with old men, smile seductively ... OMG ! "
- 21 Dec 2007 - " first visit to a sleaze bar, or a "Lap-Sap Bar", where perverted old men like to hang out, drink, do drugs and have sex with women"
- 18 Jan 2008 - "I can see loads of Vietnamese girls standing outside waiting for customers"
- 9 Dec 2007 - "then we went to joo chiat to see the viet version of geylang"
- 9 Dec 2007 - "Little Saigon, Little Chickens, Chee Koh pe (dirty old uncle) area, right 'beside' geylang, Chicken ladies, Vietnamese hookers, Prostitutes, Pros, Whores. I have heard many terms for this district and the for the ladies here."
- 1 Dec 2007 - "joo chiat road sux i nvr ever ever ever wanna go back there again. filled with lotsa smoke (chokes) and cheeeeeeeeeeeeeekens (erm sry sj not you) and erxin lao tikopeh"
- 25 Nov 2007 - "they didn't like seeing ladies in very short skirts standing outside the bars"
- 15 Oct 2007 - "visiting matchmaking agencies at Golden Mile Tower and other shopping centres looking for a vietnamese wife from the many walk-in on site selection ladies available. Surprise! Surprise! Last saturday, guess who I met at a Pub in Joo Chiat? None other than 2 ladies I saw"
- 26 Sep 2007 - "Local residents and long-term businesspeople are in despair to see their community being turned into a red-light district. As a visitor to the area, I couldn't understand how this rapid change in the area has been allowed to happen."
- 13 Sep 2007 - "seedy Joo Chiat Road featured crowded outdoor cafes and hour-rate hotels"
- 21 Aug 2007 - "definitely more sleazy hotels, apartments, sexy clothings outlet and girls..."
- 3 Jul 2007 - " those sleazy vietnamese hangouts where our local men enjoy patronising ... extremely noisy but dead sexy ladies, presumably vietnamese with their distinctive loud halo gap below their nose, their usual sitting positions with crossed legs on chairs usually gave them away ... making kinky chit chats with those scandily clad ladies sitting outside ... his Joo Chiat gansterism manner... sigh of relieve that my company does not operate from there ... does restaurants in Joo Chiat need bouncers in their 40s smoking cigarettes inside the confined area too ... "
- 29 Jun 2007 - "too many dodgy night clubs, budget hotels and karaoke joints"
- 18 Jun 2007 - "along Joo Chiat Road I saw this drunk guy out from a bar trying to get into his car"
- 3 Jun 2007 - "joo chiat happening with vietnamese girls..."
- 29 May 2007 - "at least 10 sleazy lum sup pub. It's like a mini joo chiat except that the pubs are all "consolidated". Most Filipino hang around here, probably a handful of viet ... Kinda shocking to find such places behind a hotel, very convenient for the hotel guest to come down and have a good rub"
- 20 May 2007 - "Girls.. must be careful if guys tell you that they are going to places ... becoz they are definitely not any decent places....."
- 7 Apr 2007 - "saw many vietnamnese prostitutes"
- 2 Apr 2007 - "tat's the red light district la"
- 30 Mar 2007 - "Geylang, Joo Chiat and Desker must be actively promoted as a tourist location for it to be so jam packed. "
- 24 Mar 2007 - "Joo Chiat road also contains a few brothels and noisy nightclubs , you are safe though."
- 23 Mar 2007 - "some guys in the class had the experience of walking in Joo Chiat and got 'invited' by ladies into their 'massage parlors' for their 'services'"
- 18 Mar 2007 - "Why are you moving into Joo Chiat? It’s not the best area, it’s seedy and not safe"
- 25 Feb 2007 - "wanted to see the busy ladies of the night~~..wahahaha...its a place like geylang red light district"
- 3 Jan 2007 - " Somemore Joo Chiat is famous for its prostitutes."
- 22 Dec 2006 - "imagine if i did get the job and the working hours is till late at night. most probably, i'll get lost among all those..night people, y'know. in this kind of situation, i'll get scared"
- 14 Dec 2006 - "Joo Chiat Rd, really budget because it located in the red light district of Singapore. A bit dangerous, but we can do nothing"
- 6 Dec 2006 - "Never in the field of human entertainment, have so much of the profane be accomodated in such a few square meters of an area"
- Dec 2006 - "real sleaze zones it becomes a bit unpleasant. Everyone giving you a 'nudge wink' kind of attitude"
- 22 Nov 2006 - "Joo Chiat Road, famous for its many small cafés serving all kinds of asian delicacies and also the red light area of Singapore!"
- 11 Nov 2006 - "The street are full of Vietnam girls. "
- 1 Nov 2006 - "breathe a sigh of relieve that my company does not operate from there"
- Nov 2006 - "as sleazy as Joo Chiat, if not more. And these sleazy businesses may not be 'tourist catering stores'. "
- 31 Oct 2006 - "You want dodgy, check out Geylang, Joo Chiat or Desker/Rowell Road."
- 31 Oct 2006 - "hahaha, joo chiat is like a whore street now though they said its cleaned up now ! haha. "
- 28 Oct 2006 - "in the red light district which can make getting a cab at night difficult"
- 30 Aug 2006 - "the floor starts to vibrate in a melodious manner from the bass, freakin cheesy tunes starts setting in from below"
- 28 Aug 2006 - "a red light area so we can't drink in the bars unless we want to be propostioned but its all part of the experience"
- 7 Jul 2006 - "I am sure if I live in Joo Chiat and have a sister or a daughter, having her come back home late at night would be extremely stressful for me"
- Jul 2006 - "In the 3rd bar, the guy sitting next to me kept trying to finger the Vietnamese girl he was with"
- 4 Jun 2006 - "I went to Joo Chiat Road and went around some bars there. Checked out 51 Jazzy Pub and Blue Lagoon. There was a lot of vietnamese girls there willing to do what ever you want if you pay the right amount."
- 26 Apr 2006 - "Can Joo Chiat be saved from sleaze"
- Apr 2006 - "Joo Chiat, however, still retains a measure of the illicit sex industry"
- 27 Mar 2006 - "wonders of singapore 1, katong"
- 24 Feb 2006 - "my experience in Joo Chiat, there is no place for being coy , just walk up to one u like, ask her to come over"
- 16 Jan 2006 - "gals from Vietnam trying to ask some foreign worker for tips"
- 5 Jul 2005 - "all the women of loose morals wandering aound"
- 28 Jun 2005 - "increasingly infamous red light district where every one vies for their own niche market"
- 27 Jun 2005 - "district so rich with local heritage tend to get hindered by Joo Chiat's sleazier denizens and bureaucratic red tape"
- 11 May 2005 - "a lot of hanky panky going around in an open area"
- 19 Apr 2005 - "What of the women, both local and foreign pimping their bodies for money in Geylang, Joo Chiat and Desker Road?"
- 1 Apr 2005 - "having vice and whores on the doorstep of a residential area evidently never really crossed the minds of bureaucrats when they approved all the pub licences along Joo Chiat road"
- 13 Feb 2005 - "if you can't pull chicks in the Joo Chiat area, you are damn loser one"
- 6 Jan 2005 - "Go to Joo Chiat and ask the "China Chicken" to go elsewhere?"
- 6 Dec 2004 - "imagine my facial expression that the rather shapley and tantalising woman"
- 7 Nov 2004 - "Go walk around joo chiat and geylang, What can everyone see ? Why cant there be more police patrol around those areas ? Is there a void by those legal chickens that our policeman has to turn one blind eye to those illegal one? Anyone sitting at any of the coffeeshop can pin point out who their pimps are. Why cant they spend the time to remove all those street gangs ?"
- WarrenSingapore reviews: 1, 2
- Samboyforum: pubs, 51 Jazzy, M1LF, 1V, ktv, Echo, Blue Lagoon, 5K, Katong Shopping Centre,
Blogs & Websites : The Blessings of Joo Chiat
- 18 Jun 2008 - where the mixing and mingling of cultures and peoples is the norm, Katong district stands out for its diversity
- 12 Jun 2008 - joo chiat road is AN AWESOME PLACE! hello sheree, this is ONE great location for photo shooting
- 18 Mar 2008 - ..Walking along Katong..
- 18 Mar 2008 - In Search of Big Ben's British Pies
- 8 Mar 2008 - Lomotion SG Katong Walkabout
- 1 Mar 2008 - My Chew Joo Chiat Story
- 17 Jan 2008 - Victoria School History Project
- 9 Jan 2008 - The Joo Chiat Terminator
- 8 Jan 2008 - Joo Chiat walkabout
- 4 Jan 2008 - My Old Katong Pt.1 - Katong Shopping Centre And Odeon Katong, My Old Katong Pt.2 - Roxy And Palace, My Old Katong Final Pt.- Other Lost Landmarks
- 7 Aug 2007 - Joo Chiat Once Again
- 12 Jul 2007 - A rare photograph of Fort Tanjong Katong,
- 26 May 2007 - Joo Chiat Food Tour
- 22 Apr 2007 - Eugene Zee Photography of Katong
- 3 Mar 2007 - "Joo Chiat Square Opening"
- Mar 2007 - Old Streetscape - Katong & Joo Chiat
- 3 Mar 2007 - Joo Chiat Square Opening
- 18 Feb 2007 - Katong/ Joo Chiat Walk 1, Katong/ Joo Chiat Walk 2
- 28 Nov 2007 - Singapore : What to do in Katong?
- 12 Nov 2006 - " Saturday. Walking around Katong"
- 9 Oct 2006 - Walkabout in Joo Chiat
- 8 Aug 2006 - "lived in the East all our lives, all went to school in the Katong area, and have always fervently believed that all things East Coast are the best"
- 12 Mar 2006 - Joo Chiat - Past and Present (1), Joo Chiat - Past and Present (2) - 2 Food Delights
- 10 Jan 2006 - Domestic Tourism Day
- 27 Jun 2005 - Genuine Joo Chiat?
- 25 Jun 2005 - Joo Chiat (part I), Joo Chiat (part II)
- 5 Jun 2005 - Walking Tour Of Joo Chiat
- 2005 - Serenaide's song - Girl from Katong - Performance - Lyrics
Websites, Research, Books
- Singapore Tourism Board - Katong
- URA - Skyline Sep 2007 - Keeping and Rejuvenating Katong and Joo Chiat
- URA Walking Trails - Joo Chiat/ Katong
- URA Areas & Maps - Tanjong Katong
- URA Areas & Maps - East Coast Conservation Area
- URA Areas & Maps - Joo Chiat Conservation Area
- URA Areas & Maps - Mountbatten Road Conservation Area
- National Library Infopedia - Tanjong Katong
- National Library Infopedia - Amber Road
- National Library Infopedia - Haig Road
- National Library Infopedia - East Coast Road
- National Library Infopedia - Geylang Serai
- National Library Infopedia - Joo Chiat
- National Library Infopedia - Koon Seng Road
- National Library Infopedia - Ceylon Road
- South East Community Development Council
- Joo Chiat Road Community Watch Group - Joo Chiat Community Safety and Security Programme (CSSP)
- Joo Chiat Constituency Sports Club
- Book: Joo Chiat - A Living Legacy
- Book: Enhancing the charms of Joo Chiat (URA Dec 1997)
- Research paper : Ethnoscapes, entertainment and 'eritage in the global city: segmented spaces in Singapore's Joo Chiat Road (Dec 2006)
- Research paper : Reclaiming Cultural Heritage in Singapore (2006)
- Reserch paper : Ethnic Heritage as a Tourist Attraction: the Peranakans of Singapore (Mar 2003)
- Research paper : Searching for place identity in Singapore (Nov 2002)
- SPEECH BY MR MAH BOW TAN, MINISTER FOR NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AT THE 2007 URA ARCHITECTURAL HERITAGE AWARDS PRESENTATION CEREMONY, 1 OCTOBER 2007
- Archaeology in Singapore - FORT TANJONG KATONG SITE 2004-2005
- Wikipedia - Katong
- Wikipedia - Joo Chiat
- My Chew Joo Chiat Story
News & Media
- Mediacorp Chanel 5 2008 - Heartland Getaway Episode 9 - Joo Chiat
- Mediacorp Radio Singapore International - Leisure Tour of the Lion City - Leisure Tour of Joo Chiat. Episode 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- LianHeZaoBao 25 Sep 2005- 70% of Massage Palour Closed. Joo Chiat has Become Cleaner
- LianHeZaoBao 1 Aug 2006- Vietnamese females forcibly detained (kidnapped) and forced to be an escort in bars
- LianHeZaoBao 30 Jul 2006 - Chan Soo Sen: Within 2 years to remove Joo Chiat from redlight district tagline in Lonely Planet.
- LianHeZaoBao 30 Jul 2006- Save Joo Chiat
- ChannelNewsAsia 19 Apr 2006 - Joo Chiat residents ask MP to do more to clean up sleaze
- LianHeZaoBao 19 Mar 2006- Vietnamese Woman death report
- Katong, the heart of Singapore...
- Singapore Police Force Public Entertainment License
- Legislation administered by Singapore's National Environment Agency
- Guidelines for Community Noise' the World Health Organisation
- What is Noise Pollution
- UK Environmental Protection: Neighbourhood Noise Nuisance- What can you do?
- How loud is a decibel?
- Singapore Science Centre - Noise Pollution - Between 60 to 80 dB is loud. Between 80 to 100 dB danger level. Between 100 to 120 dB is harmful. Above 120 dB, called the threshold of pain, there can be severe damage to hearing
- What is a db(A) and how loud can it get? - Jet airplanes cause A-weighted levels of about 133 dB at 33 m, or 100 dB at 170 m
- Is db(A) an accurate measurement or standard? - A-weighting is only really valid for relatively quiet sounds and for pure tones
- Noise Pollution Clearinghouse - "Good neighbors keep their noise to themselves."
- Cutting back the audio nuisances - "we still hear the tiny thump thump thump of the music? Whilst the disturbance was tiny, and certainly not measurable, it was very noticeable if you were just lying in bed in the middle of the night"
- LFN : Low Frequency Noise
- National Environment Agency - "Noise Pollution"
- Noise from Pubs and Clubs- Phase I
- Noise from Pubs and Clubs- Phase II
- Problem Solving - Street Prostitution
- Problem Solving - Multi-agency Action Against Prostitution- a case study
- Singapore Hotel Licensing Board - Hotels Act
Hotel Licensing Board - Licensing
- Quote from Hotel Licensing
- Exclusion of prostitutes, catamites and bad characters.
24. --(1) No licensee shall permit any person whom he knows or has reason to believe is a prostitute, catamite or bad character to occupy a room in the hotel or to frequent the premises.
- (2) A licensee shall not permit any gaming, drunkenness, drug abuse
or disorderly conduct of any kind to take place within the hotel premises.
- Definition of a Disorderly House
- Singapore Statutes- Offenses against Women and Girls - Offences relating to prostitution
Delegation Visit to Singapore- "keen to learn of measures to deal with
the issue of cross-border trafficking of women and children"
- Problem Solving - Assaults in and Around Bars